The Sparta Half Marathon/5K course is run on the scenic Sparta-Elroy bike trail. Racers will enjoy colorful scenery while running on a beautiful fall morning. This race is part of Sparta’s Fall Fest celebration.
All racers receive a goody bag and t-shirt. Half Marathon finishers will also receive a medal.
Male: Mitch Wantock (2017) 01:26:43
Female: Teri Serres Walensky (2017) 01:43:17
We are a non-profit organization, with all proceeds benefiting the Sparta Area Cancer Society/SACS.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 12, 2018
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Packet Pick Up at the Sparta Chamber of Commerce building; 111 Milwaukee St. Sparta WI 54656
Saturday, October 13, 2018
06:00 AM to 6:45 AM packet pick up for Half marathon
06:00 AM to 07:45 AM packet pick up for 5k
07:00 AM Start of Half Marathon
08:00 AM 5K Run/Walk Starts near finish line of half marathon
11:30 AM Half Marathon Course closes and aid stations will be pulled from course.
Parking near the Start and Finish line will be available around the Chamber of Commerce building
111 Milwaukee St Sparta Wi 54656
Half Marathon Course
Racers will enjoy a beautiful scenery as they run on the Sparta-Elroy bike trail, which is a flat gravel running surface. The trail makes up about half of the race course. The other half of the course is run on the back country roads of Sparta, Wisconsin – be prepared for rolling hills!
- Race Start: Sparta Chamber of Commerce Building (111 Milwaukee Street)
- Head east on the bike trail
- Right on Jon Street
- Left on Impala Street
- Right on Janus Avenue
- Right onto the bike trail (approx 2 miles)
- U-Turn on bike trail and head back to the finish
Half Marathon Aid Stations
There will be 4 aid stations along the 13.1 mile course.
- #1 – Mile 2.5
- #2 – Mile 5
- #3 – Mile 8.5
- #4 – Mile 10.75
Instructions for Runners
- All runners must have their bib securely attached to the front of your shirt, shorts, or pants during the race and at the finish line to get an official time and receive your medal.
- Runners should use caution at intersections and watch for vehicles.
- Each aid station will have a small first aid kit available for minor injuries.